The website www.elin-cosmetics.com is managed by ELIN Cosmetics BV, a company that attaches great importance to the protection of personal data. As a controller, it therefore makes every effort to use the collected personal data exclusively in accordance with the related legislation and in particular the European General Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data (hereinafter abbreviated as 'GDPR').
WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
The controller is ELIN Cosmetics BV, with registered office at Kromstraat 64C - 2520 Ranst, registered in the trade register of Antwerp under number BE 0772.903.621
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE PROCESS?
We may process the following personal data from you:
• First and last name
• Date of birth
• Address data
• phone number
• E-mail address
• IP address
• Other personal data that you actively provide, such as account information, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and telephone
• Location data
• Information about your activities on our website
• Bank account number
WHO USES YOUR DATA?
Your personal data is used internally by ELIN Cosmetics BV to improve the quality and accuracy of the service and customer databases.
With a view to optimal data processing, we may also exchange your data with our subcontractors:
• suppliers (direct product delivery by the supplier, customer service)
• logistics service providers, transport and courier companies
• marketing agencies
• mailing companies, service providers specialized in e-mail and SMS services, printers
• IT companies, banking and credit institutions
• control and audit organizations
• government agencies
For the display of personalized advertisements for our products or services via your personal web pages of the Facebook and Google services that you use, we only pass on your data in an encrypted manner to the listed companies and only those data that are necessary to display personalized advertisements.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
ELIN Cosmetics BV processes your personal data for different purposes with different possible legal bases:
Based on your consent:
• Sending offers for our products or services via email and SMS
• Showing personalized advertisements for our products or services via your personal web pages of the Facebook and Google services that you use. This way you can stay informed about our new products, special promotions, competitions or events that we organize.
• Online chat services
• Geolocation to choose a delivery point
Due to the legitimate interests of our company:
• Commercial prospecting (including selection, normalization and duplication) to send or display customized offers on your personal web pages of the Facebook and Google services you use and this for products that are similar to the products you have already purchased or for which you have previously expressed interest. It is possible that you do not wish this and therefore you always have a free option to object to this commercial prospecting, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
• Production and analysis of commercial statistics, customer satisfaction and brand awareness surveys, product testing and promotions to improve your customer experience and tailor our products and services to your needs
• Management of requests regarding the exercise of rights in relation to personal data
• Fraud prevention
• Accounting or tax obligations
• Legal records management
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
Your personal data will be kept for a period of:
• 5 years after the last order for customers
• 3 years after the last contact (the last click response via a promotional mailing) for prospects.
Cookies are stored for a maximum of 13 months after they have been placed.
Your personal data that we use for direct marketing purposes will in any case only be stored until you choose that your personal data may no longer be used for direct marketing purposes.
WHAT ABOUT THE SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR DATA?
We take all reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical, logistical and physical security measures to protect your personal data against alteration, destruction, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized access.
We do not make decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have significant consequences for individuals.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In accordance with the GDPR and applicable national law, you have the right to:
• view the personal data that we process about you;
• have the personal data we hold about you destroyed, unless otherwise provided by law;
• have the personal data we hold about you corrected or supplemented if it is incorrect or incomplete;
• restrict the processing of your personal data;
• to have the personal data that you have provided us stored on a standard information carrier that is accessible to you or a third party designated by you.
Finally, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for legitimate reasons when it is carried out in the context of the legitimate interests of ELIN Cosmetics BV, as defined in Article 6(1) of the GDPR. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that you have communicated to us on the basis of your consent, as provided for in Article 6(1) of the GDPR. You can express this objection at any time, without this affecting the processing that has already taken place prior to your objection.
You can exercise your rights by sending a written message to Customer Service ELIN Cosmetics BV (Belgium), or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, in both cases with a copy of your identity card, to ensure that the request has been done by you. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN) black in this copy; this to protect your privacy.
You should keep in mind that ELIN Cosmetics may not be obliged to comply with your request for access, correction, deletion or transfer. This is due to our legal obligations, reasons of public interest (storage, statistical analysis, scientific or historical research), for the establishment, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim or the justified exercise of the right to freedom of expression and/or information.
MODIFICATION AND NOTICE TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
ELIN Cosmetics may amend and update this privacy statement from time to time to ensure that this statement is consistent with how we process your personal data at any given time. The updated version of this statement will be posted on the same web page and will be effective immediately upon publication. Please return to this webpage regularly to ensure that you are always aware of the information we collect and process, how and under what circumstances your data is used and in which cases we share your data with third parties.